Peter Harrar is Of Counsel to Wolf Haldenstein. Mr. Harrar has extensive experience in complex class actions representing clients including institutional investors such as public and labor pension funds, labor health and welfare benefit funds, and private institutional investors who suffered losses due to corporate wrongdoing. He was part of the Firm’s team that recovered over $7 billion for investors. Mr. Harrar is a senior member of the Firm’s Investor Protection and Business Practice litigation groups. Mr. Harrar has been at Wolf Haldenstein since 1984.
- Represented investment funds, hedge funds, insurance companies and other institutional investors in a variety of individual actions, class actions and disputes involving mortgage-backed securities and derivative instruments.
- Served as lead or co-lead counsel in numerous securities class and derivative actions throughout the country, recovering hundreds of millions of dollars on behalf of aggrieved investors and on behalf of the shareholders of companies such as AIG and Bank of America.
- Represented investors in federal fraud cases concerning private placements of securitized loan pools and mispricing of swaptions.
- Mr. Harrar has successfully litigated and negotiated numerous matters resulting in multi-million dollar settlements and significant corporate governance reforms. For example:
- In re BankAmerica Corp. Securities Litigation, No. 21 MC 92 (SAS) (E.D. Mo.) (member of the Executive Committee that secured a $490 million settlement);
- American International Group Consolidated Derivative Litigation, C.A. No. 769-VCS (Del. Ch.) (co-lead counsel in the matter resulting in a $90 million settlement);
- Bank of America/Merrill Derivative Litigation, ($62.5 million settlement); and
- In re Tyson Foods, Inc., Consolidated Shareholder Litigation, C.A. No. 1106-N (Del. Ch.) ($4.5 million settlement and additional corporate governance reforms).