Gregory Nespole, a senior partner at Wolf Haldenstein is a member of the Management Committee and Chair of the Firm’s Investor Protection Practice. He specializes in complex class actions representing clients including institutional investors such as public and labor pension funds, labor health and welfare benefit funds, and private institutional investors who suffered losses due to corporate fraud. He is a part of the Firm’s team that recovered over $7 billion for investors. Mr. Nespole also is a senior member of the Firm’s Commercial Litigation practice groups with an emphasis on derivative and securities litigation, disputes on transactional law.
Mr. Nespole joined Wolf Haldenstein as an associate in 1998, became partner in 2002 and was elected to the Firm’s management committee in 2013. Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Nespole was employed as a securities trader on an arbitrage desk and then by a major international investment bank’s legal division where he worked on structuring private placements and conducting transactional due diligence.
- Investigates, initiates, and prosecutes securities class actions, derivative, and mergers and acquisition litigation throughout the United States.
- Represents corporate investors in their efforts to make significant corporate governance changes in the companies they invest in.
- Represents elder care and nursing home providers in matters of health care regulatory compliance and white collar defense. Provides advice and counsel on matters before the New York State Attorney General and state and federal courts.
- Served as co-chair of the firm’s Madoff Related Litigation Task Force which recovered over several hundred million dollars for wronged investors.
- Obtained a $90 million settlement on behalf of a publicly listed company against a global bank arising out of fraudulently marketed auction rated securities.
- Successfully obtained securities litigation recoveries and/or corporate governance reforms from Cablevision, JP Morgan, American Pharmaceutical Partners, Sepracor and MBIA.
- Represents plaintiffs in complex state, federal and multi-district litigation.
- Served as lead counsel for securities and derivative litigation matters on behalf of the Manhattan and Bronx Service Transit Operating Authority Pension Plan, Detroit Police and Police Pension Fund, Detroit General Employees’ Retirement System, New Orleans Employees’ Retirement Plan and many other institutional and individual investors.
Institutional investors including public and labor pension funds, Taft-Hartley funds and health and welfare benefit funds.
Private and not-for-profit health care providers, including assisted living facilities and nursing homes, on state and federal regulatory compliance and related criminal matters.
Mr. Nespole coaches youth sports in Westchester County, New York including lacrosse and soccer.