Benjamin Kaufman is a partner at Wolf Haldenstein. Mr. Kaufman has extensive experience in complex class actions representing clients including institutional investors such as public and labor pension funds, labor health and welfare benefit funds, as well as private institutional investors who suffered losses due to corporate fraud. Mr. Kaufman also has extensive experience litigating complex commercial cases in state and federal court. Mr. Kaufman is a member of the Firm’s Investor Protection, Business Practice and Social Justice practice groups.
Mr. Kaufman joined Wolf Haldenstein in 2013. In addition to Mr. Kaufman’s years of private practice experience, he also served as Court Attorney for the New York State Supreme Court, New York County and Principal Law Clerk to Justice Herman Cahn of the Commercial Division of the New York State Supreme Court, New York County (1990-1998).
- Investigates, initiates, and prosecutes securities and derivative class actions and litigation throughout the United States.
- Served as co-lead counsel in numerous securities class and derivative actions throughout the United States, representing institutional and individual investors, recovering hundreds of millions of dollars and obtaining significant corporate governance reforms against such companies as Asia Pulp & Paper, PMA Capital, InvaCare, Southwest Airlines and Comverse.
- Represents shareholders as lead or co-lead counsel in merger and acquisition litigation.
- Served as counsel in a complex international securities litigation case against Deutsche Telekom requiring evidentiary discovery in both the United States and Europe which settled for $120 million.
- Represents corporate and individual clients in complex commercial matters including partnership and close-corporation shareholder disputes.
- Represented clients in arbitrations and litigation involving oppressed minority shareholders in closely held corporations.
- Represented parties in litigation involving control of a large multi-tenant mall in New York City.
Mr. Kaufman is a member of the Board of Trustees of the Hebrew Academy of the Five Towns and Rockaways.
Mr. Kaufman is a member of the Commercial and Federal Litigation Section of the New York State Bar Association, the International Association of Jewish Lawyers and Jurists and the Jewish Lawyers Guild. He recently served as Chairperson of the Jewish Lawyers Guild 2017 Annual Dinner.
Mr. Kaufman has been recognized as Super Lawyer each year 2012-2016.